Post Pituitary Surgery Factsheet
The aim of this factsheet is to help patients and their families gain an understanding of the different types of surgery carried out, what to expect immediately after your operation and the following few weeks and months. There is also practical advice and tips included, to make you feel as reassured as possible.
Although downloading this factsheet is free of charge, could you kindly consider a small donation to help us keep our resources updated? Please visit our donation page. Thank you very much for your help.
- What sort of surgery is undertaken
- How you may feel after pituitary surgery
- Immediately after the operation
- Post-operative observations following pituitary surgery
- When to seek medical advice
- General advice on what to expect when you are discharged home
- One month post-operatively
- Six to eight weeks post-operatively
- A Patient’s Perspective/Experience