1. What's in these terms? These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.pituitary.org.uk.
2. Who we are and how to contact us. This site is operated by THE PITUITARY FOUNDATION. We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 3253584 and have our head office and registered address is at Brunswick Court, Brunswick Square, Bristol, BS2 8PE. We are regulated by the Charity Commission. To contact us, please email [email protected] or telephone us on 0117 370 1333.
- If you purchase products from our site, our Terms & Conditions of Sale [https://www.pituitary.org.uk/terms-conditions-of-sale/] will apply to the sales.
5. We may make changes to these terms. We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
6. We may make changes to our site. We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
8. Our site is only for users in the UK. Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
9. Status of material on our site. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
10. Do not rely on information on this site. The content on our site www.pituitary.org.uk is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain medical or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
11. How you may use material on our site.
- You may download and/or print any pages or documents from our site for non-commercial use, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify in any way the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed or downloaded from our site, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes.
12. Do not rely on information on this site. The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain medical or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
13. We are not responsible for websites we link to. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
14. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms & Conditions of Sale [https://www.pituitary.org.uk/terms-conditions-of-sale/].
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
16. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
17. Rules about linking to our site. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
18. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
20. Our trade marks. Our logo is a trade mark of THE PITUITARY FOUNDATION. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted under ‘How you may use material on our site’.
These terms were reviewed in March 2023