Pituitary surgery and radiotherapy booklet
Click on the image to download the booklet free of charge.
The aim of this booklet is to provide general information about pituitary surgery and radiotherapy.
You may not find that all of the information applies to you in particular but we hope it helps you to understand your condition better and offers you a basis for discussion with your GP, endocrinologist and neurosurgeon.
Although downloading this booklet is free of charge, could you kindly consider a small donation to help us keep our resources updated? Please visit our donation page. Thank you very much for your help.
Order a hard copy
If you would like a copy of the booklet sent to you, for £2.50, please visit our shop to order.
- Where is my Pituitary gland, & what does it do?
- What is a Pituitary tumour?
- Why do I need an Operation?
- Surgical Treatment
- Transsphenoidal surgery
- What is the aim of Surgery & how likely is a Cure?
- What can go wrong during & after the Operation?
- What happens after the Operation?
- Surgery - One Patient's Story
- Radiotherapy Questions
- Radiotherapy - One Patient's Story
- How will Surgery &/or Radiotherapy affect my life?
- Alcohol & Replacement Hormones
- Insurance & Pensions
- Loss of Libido, Infertility & Relationships
- Personal Medical Identification