Pituitary gland booklet
Click on the image to download the booklet free of charge
The aim of this booklet is to provide information about the pituitary, the disorders that can affect the gland and the hormones that are produced.
You may find that not all of the information applies to you in particular, but we hope it helps you to understand your condition better and offers you a basis for discussion with your GP and endocrinologist.
Order a hard copy
If you would like a copy of the booklet sent to you, please visit our shop to order.
- What is the Pituitary Gland and what does it do?
- The Hypothalamus
- What can go wrong with my Pituitary Gland?
- Other Pituitary Conditions
- Treatment of Pituitary Tumours
- Why do I need Replacement Therapy?
- Underproduction of Pituitary Hormones
- Overproduction of Pituitary Hormones
- Aspects of Pituitary Disease
- General Information for Patients
- Insurance & Pensions
- Personal Medical Identification
- Common Questions
- Living with a Pituitary tumour - a Patient's Story
- Useful Links - Other Organisations