National Pituitary Conference 2017
Saturday 25th November 2017, Birmingham
Registration & arrivals: 9.30 - 10.30am, Conference: 10.30am - 4.30pm
Come along to our Conference to learn more about pituitary conditions from expert speakers and to meet with over 200 other patients. 'Your pituitary journey: for newly diagnosed patients, diagnosed patients, & loved ones'
This will be held at Birmingham Conference & Events Centre (BCEC), and will include talks and workshops run by specialists from across the UK. The venue is joined on to The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre which has accommodation available for you if you require this.
We are pleased to tell you that we have not increased our delegate rates for members or their guests from the last Conference.
Why attend this Conference?
- Listen to presentations from specialist speakers, Endocrinologists and Specialist Endocrine Nurses from across the UK.
- Attend NEW afternoon workshops covering popular topics and conditions – as requested by delegates last year.
- Meet with over 200 other patients and families who are all going through their own pituitary journey.
- Attend the event at a recently refurbished venue which is in a convenient central location right next to Birmingham New Street train station.
- Refreshments and a 2 course lunch will be provided.
- There is the option to attend our popular social evening where you can have a 3 course meal, meet others, take part in a quiz, and enjoy the disco.
Event Programme & Speakers
To see the programme for the day, please click here.
Registration is open from 9.30-10.30am. On arrival at the event, you will be given your name badge and delegate pack which will give you all the information you need about the day. There will also be tea, coffee and refreshments available.
From 10.30am until lunch, the morning session will be ‘Your Pituitary Journey: Diagnosis & Treatment’ and will include presentations from specialist medical speakers from Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham and others from across the UK, including:
- Dr Niki Karavitaki (Senior Clinical Lecturer & Consultant Endocrinologist)
- Dr Sue Jackson (Chartered Psychologist)
- Sherwin Criseno & Andrea Mason (Specialist Endocrine Nurses)
- Dr Steve Ball (Consultant Endocrinologist)
- Mr Alessandro Paluzzi (Consultant Neurosurgeon)
- Prof Peter Clayton (Child Health & Paediatric Endocrinology).
More speakers will be announced in the coming months!
In the afternoon, delegates will attend two workshops that they have selected prior to the event. The workshop topics are based on requests from delegates at the last conference so hopefully everyone will find a workshop that is well suited to them. We have many more workshops on offer this year including:
- Adrenal Insufficiency & Steroid Regimes (inc. emergency injection)
- Paediatric & Transition Endocrinology
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Living with Hypopituitarism for Women (covers conditions and issues affecting female patients, inc. fertility)
- Living with Hypopituitarism for Men (covers conditions and issues affecting male patients, inc. testosterone & fertility)
- Carers & families
- Psychological Impact of Pituitary Conditions run by Psychologist Dr Sue Jackson
- Younger Patients & Parents meet up session
- We also aim to have an employment and benefits information stand available.
Refreshments are provided throughout the day, including a two course lunch with both hot and cold options. If you have any dietary requirements then you will need to inform us of this when booking.
The Conference will finish at 4.30pm.
The Conference is being held at Birmingham Conference & Events Centre (BCEC), just a two minute walk from Birmingham New Street train station which makes it a great central location. The BCEC is also joined on to The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre which has accommodation available for you if you require this (see below for how to book).
The venue is a 10 minute drive from the motorway and NCP parking is available at the venue and also a short walk away. The coach station is also only a 15 minute walk away if you choose to travel by coach from another city in the UK. If you are flying, direct trains run from the airport to Birmingham New Street and only take 15 minutes.
We recommend booking travel in advance and looking up advance fares, offering good value for money on many longer distance journeys. Weekends also mean cheaper train travel.
Further travel information will be sent out with all booking confirmations.
How to book your Conference place
There are 3 different options of how to book your place on our 2017 Conference.
- Website shop – once you have booked online and made your payment, we will email you an electronic form for you to fill in your workshop choices and to inform us of any special requirements. You may not hear from us immediately if we are experiencing a high volume of bookings, but don’t worry your place at the Conference has been secured.
- Telephone – please ring 0117 370 1310 or 0117 370 1316 and we can give you further information before processing your booking, selecting your workshop choices, and taking payment. If you would just like some further information about the event you can also email email@example.com.
- Booking form – this can be downloaded here for you to print out and post back to us with a cheque. Please send this to The Pituitary Foundation, 86-88 Colston Street, Bristol, BS1 5BB. Cheques should be made payable to ‘The Pituitary Foundation’.
Full booking and workshop confirmations, including travel information, will be sent out to you via email within a few weeks.
All delegate rates are listed on the booking form and on the website shop. We are pleased to say we have not had to increase our price for members from our last Conference. Rates for our members are subsidised to the greatest extent, being just £34. There is also a special offer rate for younger delegates aged 13- 25 of only £22! We heavily subsidise places as the full cost to us per delegate is £95 so if you are in a position to contribute a donation towards the full cost of your place this would be hugely appreciated.
The deadline for Conference bookings is Friday 17th November.
After the event we hold our popular social evening for all delegates. This will take place in the evening after the Conference, beginning at 7.30pm, and will include a 3 course meal, a quiz and disco. Tickets for this are priced at £30 per person. We will have private dining and bar, with table service.
The evening will have a set menu of:
Hog Roast Pork, Apple & Sage Pate, with Pickled Red Cabbage, Honey Mustard Mayonnaise
Breast of British corn-fed Chicken, with Spicy Herb Polenta, Roast Chantenay Carrots, Chablis Cream Sauce
White Chocolate & Crème Brule Cheesecake, with Fresh Fruits of the Forest
Alternatively, there is also a vegetarian option available (please specify this when booking):
Goat’s Cheese, Truffle Oil & Honey Tart, with Micro Pea Shoots
Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato & Chilli Jam Feuillete, Dressed Escarole, Blue Cheese Sauce
White Chocolate & Crème Brule Cheesecake, with Fresh Fruits of the Forest
If you have any dietary requirements then you will need to speak to the hotel directly to change your order for this.
This social evening will be a great chance to meet others in an informal environment and finish off the day with a lovely relaxing meal. Details of how to book this are below and the deadline is Friday 17th November.
How to book your B&B and the social evening
For those who wish to stay over at The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre during the Conference, The Pituitary Foundation has been given a set rate for our delegates for the night before and the night after the event. The set rate per night for B&B is £95 single and £105 double. The hotel includes facilities such as free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour lounge, on-site children’s activities, cocktail lounge, and an on-site restaurant - ‘Open Lobby’.
To book B&B and the social evening, you must contact the venue directly. Card payments will be taken during the calls.
For B&B, contact Shannon and her in house reservations team at The Holiday Inn on 0121 634 6223, 0121 634 6220, 0121 634 6222, or 0121 634 6216 (Mon – Fri, 8am - 4pm) and you will need to state the code P23 to be given the set room rates for The Pituitary Foundation Conference delegates. It is the in house reservations team you need to speak with so if these numbers are busy please email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your phone number so a member of the team can contact you back to obtain credit/debit card details in order to confirmation your reservation.
The deadline for B&B bookings is Thursday 26th October.
If you wish to book on to the social evening you need to contact Lucy at the BCEC on 0121 634 6271, you will be asked to give your dietary requirements so please have these ready. (If you get through to Lucy's answerphone please leave a message and she will get back to you, or email and request a call back email@example.com). Deadline 17th November.
Refunds are available but subject to a £2 admin charge up until 30th September, and a £6 admin charge from 1st October - 15th November. We regret that refunds are not possible from 16th November.
The Conferences are very popular so to avoid disappointment please book early.
The deadline for bookings is Friday 17th November 2017.
Our Conference is kindly supported by Pfizer